Winner of ‘Specialist Tour Guide of the Year’ in the Wanderlust World Guide Awards 2019
On all Tim Syrad Wine Tours, you will:
Taste fabulous wines
Meet amazing wine makers
Be guided by wine expert Tim Syrad
Enjoy wonderful gastronomy
Visit beautiful places
Why do my clients keep coming back on my wine tours year after year?
- Our wine holidays are in lovely places with fabulous scenery.
- We visit famous wineries and smaller ones that have a fascinating story to tell.
- We meet the owners and wine makers.
- We talk to the people who make the wine and tend the vines.
- We get to know a region, its wine and cuisine properly
- We keep group size small enough (under 25) to ensure the best visits and a great atmosphere
I personally escort all my wine tours, and make sure that every single tour delivers these magic ingredients. Since 2001 I have escorted more than 400 people on over 100 tours to most of the major wine regions in the world. I am very proud that so many of my clients come back on tour with me every year – over 50 people have been on at least ten of my tours, and more than 100 people have been on at least five of my tours.
“On each of our four trips no two wineries were ever the same. The people who ran them were always welcoming and clearly had a great respect for Tim and his extensive knowledge of both wines and the wine trade. In addition there was always a surprise: unusual buildings, a llama farm in South America and amazing art galleries in Jerez. The wines were chosen with great care, both for enjoyment and learning about wine, and the atmosphere relaxed and fun. Tim is clearly a people person as well as being a wine person, nothing was ever too much trouble for his guests and he always made sure we all enjoyed ourselves.”
– Margaret and Fred Squire, Teddington
My 2020 programme includes Greece, Southern Burgundy, Austria and harvest tours to the Douro Valley. This November we visit Australia – with modules to Western Australia, South Australia and Victoria.
If you would like more information contact me.
I hope I will meet you in a beautiful wine region soon.