Jerez Wine Tour Highlights
- Visits to truly historic sherry bodegas as well as local wine producers.
- Explore sherry’s history and wide range of styles.
- Understand Fino, Amontillado, Oloroso, Manzanilla, Palo Cortado and how these lovely wines pair with food.
- Discover that there is more to the region’s wines than just sherry.
- Based in either Jerez or Sanlucar de Barrameda.
- Comprehensive tastings at every visit, and three lunches or dinners.
11th-14th October 2018 – this tour is fully booked
18th-21st October 2018 – a few places remaining!
From the Meeting Point at Seville Airport (see Flight Transfers below) we will take a coach to our hotel. A short walk from the hotel we will have an informal tasting dinner at a traditional restaurant.
Our main focus will be on sherry and we start with a visit to Hidalgo La Gitana – one of the top names, and where we will receive a comprehensive insight into sherry production and the unique Solera system. In the afternoon we visit a local wine producer to give an alternative perspective to the region. Dinner at leisure.
We combine both wine and sherry again as we look at some of the lesser known sherry styles at Bodegas Valdespino and discover some delicious reds and dessert wines.
Depending on flight arrangements the tour ends after either breakfast or lunch. We will provide a transfer to Seville airport to coincide with the flights as detailed in the Flight Transfers. (See below)
Note: the Itinerary may be changed at Tim Syrad Wine Tours discretion so as to facilitate the smooth running of the tour and to accommodate great opportunities for visits or tastings that may become available.
Price and what’s included/not included
- £899 per person based on 2 people sharing a double/twin room.
- £100 supplement for single occupancy of a double room
- £100 discount for bookings paid for 8 weeks before departure.
- Transport from/to Meeting Point on the first/last days, co-ordinated with specified British Airways flights.
- Coach for all activities in the itinerary.
- 4 days (including arrival and departure days)/3 nights in a good 3 star equivalent hotel.
- Two full days of visits and tastings. Approximately 10 wines will be tasted each day.
- Generous continental breakfast every day.
- Four lunches and dinners with local wines.
- All local taxes and service charges.
- The services of Tim Syrad as your Wine Tour manager and Wine Guide.
Please note flights are not included in the price. Many of my clients prefer to extend their holiday before or after my tours, so I let people make their own flight arrangements.
A deposit of £100 is taken at booking.
It is a condition of my accepting a booking that I have proof of clients’ adequate travel insurance.
Booking conditions are available on my website or on request.
Jerez Wine Tour: Flight Transfers
TBC – schedules not yet published.
Once I have confirmed a booking I advise clients to arrange flights and confirm travel arrangements to me. Please do not arrange flights before I have confirmed your booking.
More about what to expect from my Jerez Wine Tour
Sherry is one of the most famous wines in the world and although it has lost a lot of its popularity and market share, it is a drink that many people hold in great affection. This is the first tour I have run to this part of Spain and I am so excited to be able to demonstrate at first hand the incredible quality and extraordinary value for money that sherry offers. There is also a mesmerising mix of styles ranging from bone dry through to unctuously sweet. Allied to the different styles, the Solera production system is fundamentally important to understand in order to fully appreciate the unique tastes and qualities that sherry offers.
The tour will also focus on local wines and reds. Despite the focus on sherry, this part of Spain also produces some excellent dry whites made from the Palomino grape, a number of full bodied reds and some delicious sweeties. The food scene is vibrant and the tour will give us the opportunity to experience some fascinating food pairing opportunities.
Staying either in Jerez itself or Sanlucar de Barrameda, this is an area of Spain that is often undiscovered. Jerez particularly has a wonderful history. From the Moors to Flamenco to thoroughbred horses there is plenty to discover.
About Tim Syrad Wine Tours
Since 1997 I have escorted over 90 groups of people on tours to wine regions in Europe and the New World. My clients keep coming back year after year because in addition to tastings and visits we really do meet the people who make the wine and tend the vines.
I personally escort all my tours, and I ensure as much as possible of the money my clients pay is spent on great food and wine, and good hotels.
For more information about me, my next tours, and previous tours I have run, and to find out what my clients say (some of whom have been coming on tour with me since 2001) please explore the website.