Piedmont Wine and Gastronomy Long Weekend Highlights
- Based in Alba, famous for its cuisine and of course truffles.
- Visits to wineries in Barbaresco, Barolo, Tortona and Strevi.
- The chance to meet the owners and winemakers, and experience their dedication to wine quality.
- Comprehensive tastings at every visit, including older vintages.
- Two fabulous Michelin starred gastronomic meals – matching the best of the region’s cuisine with the best of its wine.
- Two further lunches
Very few places remaining on this tour!
From the Meeting Point at Milan Linate Airport (see Flight Transfers below) we will take a coach to our Michelin starred restaurant in Vigevano whereupon we will commence our gastronomic and wine experience. We then head to Tortona for our first Piemonte tasting and arrive in Alba early evening. Dinner at your leisure.
Our full day of tasting focusses on the renowned areas of Barolo and Barbaresco. The Nebbiolo grape is king here and we will taste at two top class producers as well as enjoying a light lunch in a countryside restaurant. As well as tasting a range of top class reds, we also get an insight into Arneis from the Roero. Dinner will be together at the Michelin starred Larossa restaurant in Alba
After breakfast we have one more tasting and lunch in Piemonte before heading towards Milan Linate to coincide with the flights as detailed in the Flight Transfers. (See below)
Note: the Itinerary may be changed at Tim Syrad Wine Tours discretion so as to facilitate the smooth running of the tour and to accommodate great opportunities for visits or tastings that may become available.
Key Tour Information
* The Key Tour Information specifies what you should expect from the tour, no matter how far ahead you book. As additional information is published on the website, it will be advised to clients who have booked. The daily itinerary will be finalised in the weeks leading up to the Start Date.
Download the Key Tour Information as a pdf
- £999 per person based on 2 people sharing a double/twin room.
- £75 supplement for single occupancy of a double room
- £100 per person discount early booking discount if booked 8 weeks prior to departure
- Coach for all activities in the itinerary, the tour commences and ends at Milan Airport.
- Two nights bed and breakfast in good quality hotel in central Alba.
- One full day of visits and tastings plus visits on both travel days.
- Visits to wineries in Barbaresco, Barolo, Tortona and Strevi.
- Approximately 25 wines will be tasted over the weekend.
- Two gastronomic meals (one lunch, one dinner) in Michelin starred restaurants, and two further lunches.
- All local taxes and service charges.
- The services of Tim Syrad as your Wine Tour manager and Wine Guide.
It is a condition of my accepting a booking that you will take out appropriate travel insurance – please see our Terms and Conditions Section 8.
Terms and Conditions are available here or on request.
Please note flights are not included in the price. Many of my clients prefer to extend their holiday before or after my tours, so I let people make their own flight arrangements.
My recommended flight option is British Airways
Friday 2nd November 2018
BA0564 Departs London Heathrow 0725/ Arrives Milan Linate 1025
Sunday 4th November 2018
BA0569 Departs Milan Linate 1845 / Arrives London Heathrow 1945
I will arrange transfers to coincide with these British Airways flights.
If you wish to fly Alitalia there are flights to and from Milan Linate which arrive earlier than the BA flight on the Friday and depart later into Heathrow on the Sunday. Let me know if you plan to fly Alitalia.
How to book this tour
Please contact me by phone or email, or use the enquiry form on the Contact page on the website to check availability. If I confirm a place is available, please complete the booking form and send it to me with your deposit. A deposit of £100 is taken at booking to reserve your place, the balance must be paid 8 weeks before the tour starts.
If you don’t have travel insurance arranged for the dates of the tour at the time you are booking you will need to provide me with details (name of insurer, policy number, 24 hour emergency telephone numbers) before the tour starts.
Once I have confirmed a tour is proceeding I advise clients to arrange flights and confirm travel arrangements to me. Please do not arrange flights before I have confirmed your place and that the tour is proceeding.
More about my Piedmont Wine and Gastronomy Long Weekend
This will be the sixth tour I have run to Piedmont, and every time I visit I fall more in love with the place, and it’s my mission to ensure that everyone who comes with me experiences the warmth of welcome of everyone we meet, the passion and enthusiasm of the winemakers, and the glorious combination of wine and food that makes this region so special.
Our prestigious lunch and dinner, and the more informal lunches, will allow us to explore Piedmontese cuisine at its best – its relatively cooler climate has ensured this is different to the classical Mediterranean fayre of much of the rest of Italy, featuring dishes such as bagna cauda (crudités dipped in an anchovy sauce), agnolotti (a special sort of ravioli), fritto misto (a deep fried selection of local produce which could be meat, vegetable or fruit) and vitello tonnato (veal in a tuna sauce).
More about Tim Syrad Wine Tours
Since 2001 I have escorted over 100 groups of people on tours to wine regions in Europe and the New World. My clients keep coming back year after year because in addition to tastings and visits we really do meet the people who make the wine and tend the vines.
I pride myself in offering tours that are informative, imaginative and enjoyable. I keep group sizes manageable so that we spend our time appreciating our visits, not getting on and off the bus or queuing for the loos! I personally escort all of my tours, and I ensure as much as possible of the money my clients pay is spent on great food and wine, and good hotels.
I believe you can combine appreciating fabulous wine with relaxation and laughter, which is why so many of my clients come on tour with me every year. There is a friendly and welcoming atmosphere on every tour from the start, and I am proud that many friendships have been made between the people who come on tour with me.