Golden Triangle Wine Tour Highlights
- Explore the distinctively different areas of Chablis, Sancerre, Pouilly-Fumé and Champagne with their wide diversity of top quality Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Champagnes, Crémants and some great Pinot Noir.
- Understand the unique geographical differences and the terroir that influences the production styles.
- Based in Auxerre – an ideal midpoint within easy reach of all three wine regions.
- Meet a wonderful diversity of winemakers and owners at a contrasting mix of estates.
- Comprehensive tastings at every visit, and four fabulous tasting lunches or dinners
27th-30th September 2018
Only a few places remaining on this tour!
From the Meeting Point at Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport (see Flight Transfers below) we will take a coach directly to Chablis, taking lunch en route.
There we will explore the notion of terroir at the family owned Domaine des Malandes and discover the unique topography that creates such disinctive wines. The subtleties of 1er Cru and Grand Cru will be revealed.
We will check into our hotel in Auxerre. Dinner at leisure.
We devote ourselves to Sancerre and Pouilly-Fumé. The spiritual home of Sauvignon Blanc, this is a wonderful part of the far east of the Loire Valley. We taste at two estates and experience a wonderful Chèvre goats cheese pairing lunch. We will also explore the elegant Pinot Noirs of the region. Dinner at leisure in Auxerre.
Champagne rounds off of final full day. The Aube is the lesser known part of champagne yet produces some superb examples. We taste at leading estate Drappier and the biodynamic Fleury domaine. Dinner together at a top local restaurant.
The tour ends after an early Chablis infused lunch before returning to Paris Charles de Gaulle airport (see Flight Transfers).
Note: the Itinerary may be changed at Tim Syrad Wine Tours discretion so as to facilitate the smooth running of the tour and to accommodate great opportunities for visits or tastings that may become available.
Key Tour Information
* The Key Tour Information specifies what you should expect from the tour, no matter how far ahead you book. As additional information is published on the website, it will be advised to clients who have booked. The daily itinerary will be finalised in the weeks leading up to the Start Date.
Download the Key Tour Information as a pdf
- £949 per person based on 2 people sharing a double/twin room.
- £100 supplement for single occupancy of a double room
- £100 discount for bookings paid for 8 weeks before departure.
- Coach for all activities in the itinerary, the tour commences and ends at Paris Charles de Gaullle Airport.
- 4 days (including arrival and departure days)/3 nights bed and breakfast in good quality hotel.
- Two full days and two half days of visits and tastings including wineries in Chablis, Sancerre and Pouilly-Fumé and the Aube region of Champagne.
- Approximately 10 wines will be tasted each day.
- Four lunches/dinners with local wines.
- All local taxes and service charges.
- The services of Tim Syrad as your Wine Tour manager and Wine Guide.
It is a condition of my accepting a booking that you will take out appropriate travel insurance – please see our Terms and Conditions Section 8.
Terms and Conditions are available here or on request.
Please note flights are not included in the price. Many of my clients prefer to extend their holiday before or after my tours, so I let people make their own flight arrangements.
Our meeting Point is Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport – there are many flights to Paris from major UK airports and I will arrange a coach to meet flights scheduled to land at Paris prior to 1030 hours on Thursday. On Sunday I will provide a transfer to Paris Charles de Gaulle airport to coincide with any flight departing after 1800 hours.
Please contact me if you would like to discuss travel options, for example flying to or from a different airport or making the journey by rail or driving. I cannot arrange travel for you, but I can advise on what might work best.
How to book this tour
Please contact me by phone or email, or use the enquiry form on the Contact page on the website to check availability. If I confirm a place is available, please complete the booking form and send it to me with your deposit. A deposit of £100 is taken at booking to reserve your place, the balance must be paid 8 weeks before the tour starts.
If you don’t have travel insurance arranged for the dates of the tour at the time you are booking you will need to provide me with details (name of insurer, policy number, 24 hour emergency telephone numbers) before the tour starts.
Once I have confirmed a tour is proceeding I advise clients to arrange flights and confirm travel arrangements to me. Please do not arrange flights before I have confirmed your place and that the tour is proceeding.
More about my tour of the Golden Triangle
This is a unique tour as it allows us to cover three distinct wine regions: Champagne, Northern Burgundy and the eastern Loire Valley and taste a selection of top quality sparkling wines, Chablis and Sancerre. The mix of wines is predominantly white but we cover some good Pinot Noir as well.
While Champagne needs no introduction, the southern Aube area receives far less press coverage than the villages near Reims and Epernay. The full range of Champagne style is on display from Brut through to Moelleux and we will explore the distinctive characteristics of the terroir.
Chablis is another wine that most people are familiar with but it is an area that is governed by an amazing patchwork of terroir that creates a myriad of style and expression. Add in the Village, Premier Cru and Grand Cru designations and you discover an ever changing complexity that is also heavily influenced by vintage variation. With chardonnay being the sole grape variety employed, we discover the essence of minerality that is governed by the regions chalky soil.
Sancerre and Pouilly-Fume complete the trio of the three areas we visit. Both wines are extremely well known and represent Sauvignon Blanc in a classic style. Sancerre is a very picturesque hilltop town overlooking a panorama of vineyards. This is also the home to a marvellous array of goats cheese with Chavignol being one of the most famous villages for the production of Crottins.
More about Tim Syrad Wine Tours
Since 2001 I have escorted over 100 groups of people on tours to wine regions in Europe and the New World. My clients keep coming back year after year because in addition to tastings and visits we really do meet the people who make the wine and tend the vines. I pride myself in offering tours that are informative, imaginative and enjoyable. I keep group sizes manageable so that we spend our time appreciating our visits, not getting on and off the bus or queuing for the loos! I personally escort all of my tours, and I ensure as much as possible of the money my clients pay is spent on great food and wine, and good hotels. I believe you can combine appreciating fabulous wine with relaxation and laughter, which is why so many of my clients come on tour with me every year. There is a friendly and welcoming atmosphere on every tour from the start, and I am proud that many friendships have been made between the people who come on tour with me.