South Africa Wine Tour Highlights
- Two 6 day/5 night tours which can be taken individually or combined to provide a fabulous exploration of South African wine regions
- Tour 1 focuses on the classic regions of Stellenbosch, Paarl, Swartland and Franschhoek, visiting both large estates and boutique wineries.
- Tour 2 covers the rapidly emerging regions of Hermanus, Constantia, Elgin and Robertson, some of which have been producing wine since 1692!
- Based in Stellenbosch (Tour 1), with its lovely mix of colonial and contemporary architecture and the pretty town of Franschhoek (Tour 2).
- The chance to meet the owners and winemakers and experience their dedication, passion and enthusiasm.
- Comprehensive tastings at every visit, with tasting lunches or dinners.
Both tours are completed, read the blog
Price per tour
- £1,395 per person based on 2 people sharing a double/twin bedded room.
- £200 supplement for single occupancy of a double room
- If both tours are booked the combined price is £2,590 per person (£400 single supplement)
What’s included/not included
- Coach for all activities in the itinerary.
- 5 nights room and buffet breakfast in a good quality hotel.
- Wine visits and tastings as shown in the itinerary (or equivalent)
- At least six meals with wine which include lunch or dinner on each day with the exception of the final day when the tour ends after breakfast.
- All local taxes and service charges.
- The services of Tim Syrad as your Wine Tour Manager and Wine Guide.
A deposit of £150 is taken at booking.
It is a condition of my accepting a booking that I have proof of clients’ adequate travel insurance.
Booking terms and conditions are available on my website or on request.
Please note flights are not included in the price. Many of my clients prefer to extend their holiday before or after my tours, so I let people make their own flight arrangements.
Please contact me if you would like to discuss travel options, I cannot arrange travel for you, but I can advise on what might work best.
Once I have confirmed a booking I advise clients to arrange flights and confirm travel arrangements to me. Please do not arrange flights before I have confirmed your booking.
More about Tim Syrad Wine Tours
Since 1997 I have escorted over 90 groups of people on tours to wine regions in Europe and the New World. My clients keep coming back year after year because in addition to tastings and visits we really do meet the people who make the wine and tend the vines.
I personally escort all my tours, and I ensure as much as possible of the money my clients pay is spent on great food and wine, and good hotels.
For more information about me and to find out what my clients say (some of whom have been coming on tour with me since 2001) please explore the website.